Tuesday, September 18, 2018

September 2018 minutes.


BARC Meeting September 18th, 2018

11 members present tonight. No guests.

Called to order 1901 hours.

August meeting minutes were read by John, approved by majority vote.

Old business:
Fun fly scheduled for this Saturday the 22nd at 8:30. Bring a breakfast item and a drink. Flying will be casual with no contests scheduled at this time.

New Business:
The Horizon Hobby press release was mentioned about future pricing being higher for certain items.

John had an update on the Middle School Gym. Apparently it is really nice and it is finished. He will check into our club usage for the remainder of this year. Stay tuned for updates.

Next month is officer nominations. Tim was voted back in tonight as club secretary. (Thanks guys).

Dave showed up a bit late and read the treasurer's report. We still can't go to Vegas in mass but maybe next month.

Dave mentioned some new Spectrum receivers.

I believe these are the links for the new receivers. Tim

Meeting was adjourned at 1931 hours.



Tuesday, March 20, 2018

BARC meeting minutes for February 20, 2018
 
The meeting was called to order at 7pm.
There were 7 members and 0 guests present.
There were no minutes from the previous meeting as the secretary resigned.
Dave Shoemaker presented the treasures report.
It was motioned to be accepted by Norm and seconded by Mike.  It was accepted by a majority vote.

Old business. 
Election of officers.  President John Schaaf, Vice President Norm Riggin, and Treasurer ran unopposed.  Dave moved that all except secretary be elected by acclimation, Norm seconded. It was accepted by a majority vote. We are looking for volunteers for club secretary. 
 
March Funfly on the 24th is still a go. Time and food to be discussed at the March meeting. 
 
Discussed AMA dues and Club insurance. Dave will call AMA and let us know due dates and about gym insurance. 
 
New business.
Dave asked should we give money away as a door prize for coming to the meeting because we have some extra money in the bank. Should we have funfly prizes? We talked about spending money on the field. Tabled to discuss again. We are also looking for where to store the tongue for the roller since Dave is moving?
Ralph brought up some Google issues with the Google group.  I think they are fixed and I don't know what was wrong.
Ralph also wants to build a symmetrical sport plane and he was inquiring about what size 4 stroke engine to use instead of a .40 size 2 stroke. An internet search suggested 1.5 times more.
 
The meeting was adjourned at 7:44 PM.

John.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

June Meeting 2017

Greetings all.  We were one member short for an official meeting.

John brought his laptop and gave us an incredible slide show of his trip to the Smithsonian Air Museum(s).  He has more photos so maybe we will see them next time.

Keep next in mind the next meeting in July.  Call a member and invite them to come.  Remind as many as you can.  We need folks at the meeting and it is a social club as well as a flying club.

Until next time.....

Tim

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

May meeting minutes 2017

BARC Meeting May 16, 2017

Called to order at 7:04 P.M.
7 members present
Minutes from the April meeting were accepted by vote.
Treasury report was read by Mike and accepted by vote.

OLD BUSINESS

State incorporation renewal reminder was received by Barry and has since been passed along to Tim at the fun fly.

Norm will check into the club field dues when he has a chance.  He will report next meeting.

A Fun Fly was planned for Saturday the 20th.  (Sorry guys for posting the minutes so late, my computer died and it took me a little over a week to replace it).  The Fun Fly was a success until the wind picked up about 11:45 or so.  Then we all went home to sleep off the great food.

NEW BUSINESS

Our new room for the meetings will be B9/B10.

Mike treated the weeds at the field.  Thanks Mike.

John talked about a tow behind-para glider group that is flying near our field on Saturdays.  They use the road with the water tank.

Meeting adjourned 7:20 P.M.

PS.  A Fun Fly is planned for July 22nd.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 2017 Meeting

BARC Meeting April 18th, 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:03 P.M.

8 Members were present, no guests.

February meeting minutes were read and accepted.

Our check for the church has been passed along to the appropriate party.

Treasurer's report was read by Mike and approved.

We now have 20 paid members. (If you know of someone who has not paid up-it is NOT too late, let them know and encourage them to come to a meeting and/or go fly with us).

OLD BUSINESS

Barry will pass along the State incorporation papers once he receives them in the mail.

AMA has been paid for this year.

Norm will look into the lease dues for the field and report at next meeting.

A FUN FLY has been planned for Saturday May 20th with brunch at 9:30 A.M.

NEW BUSINESS

Weed killer needs to be purchased. Dave to buy and will be reimbursed by club. Approved by vote.

Len brought up keeping the roller out at the field in multiple parts, hidden in various locations so as to allow for easier rolling of the field by any member that has a truck. This has been tabled for further discussion at the July meeting.

Our current meeting room will become part of the kitchen. We now have a new meeting room, B9 which will be the next meeting's room.

Meeting called at 7:35 P.M.


See you all next month....

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March meeting 2017

March meeting 2017

6 members present. No official meeting could be called.

However, we did discuss the fun fly this weekend for Saturday the 25th. Mid morning brunch, bring what you like to eat and enjoy the food and friendship. Please remind anyone who may have missed the meeting....the more the merrier.

I was able to get the check for AMA from Dave and got that in the mail today. So we are officially official.

Our next meeting falls on tax day, April 18th. Let's spread the word to all BARC members to come to the meeting and share in the process.

It was great to see Dale up and around.

I hope to see everyone on this Saturday, and bring your appetite.

Tim


February 21, 2017 BARC Meeting minutes

21 February, 2017 BARC Meeting minutes

Called to order at 7:05 PM.
STANDARD BUSINESS

7 members present with no guests.

January minutes were read and accepted as published.

A reminder for our fun fly on March 25th was made.

Treasurer's report was read and accepted, passed by vote.

A discussion was made by the new secretary about this year's charter dues for AMA. A motion was made by the treasurer to allow the check to be written at such time the dollar amount is finalized. This motion was passed by vote.
(I have finally made contact with Lois at AMA. It is in fact $200 for this year).

Ralph/Dave made mention of a $10 payment for our tax status for the year. I need some clarification from Barry (or I will dig through the past records) to find the who and where this money goes. I will try to have this answer for the next meeting.

The treasurer informed us that the club has 17 paid members as os February 21, 2017.

OLD BUSINESS
March 25th Fun Fly with pot luck (brunch). More info-time, food ideas etc at March meeting.

Len made a suggestion that future fun fly's should be held the weekend following the monthly meeting so as to maximize exposure and help with better attendance. Food for thought (pun intended).

NEW BUSINESS
Dave and Mike rolled the field on February 20th. Thanks guys!!!!

Dave mentioned that the club needed to make a donation to the church for use of the meeting room. So we had a check written for the church and it is ready for the president to pass it along to the appropriate parties. Thanks Dave!!!

Finally, Dale is doing ok and is anxious to get to the field and resume scaring the local bird population. We sure wish him a speedy recovery and hope he walks better with his new knee.


Meeting was adjourned @ 7:30 PM.