Minutes of November Meeting
Dave gave a pictorial review and oral narrative of the fun fly at Cochiti and the scale fly-in at Maloof field before the meeting began.
Meeting called to order at 7:02 PM. Eleven members were present and two guests (one new member applicant).
Minutes were accepted as presented on the BLOG.
Treasurer's Report: It was noted that Ralph made a generous donation to the club, and the report was accepted as read.
- Christmas dinner is scheduled for Saturday December 13 at 11:30AM at David and Ginger Shoemaker's home. Eating will begin at at noon. Dave will provide a brisket and rolls, Mike a smoked turkey breast, Manny will bring Coffee, otherwise it is BYOB. Others will provide food as pot-luck.
- Changes to the by-laws of the club as discussed at the last meeting were postponed till the January meeting. Please review the by-laws prior to this meeting.
- The idea was discussed of lifetime membership and Emeritus status as defined by the number of years of active membership and/or a specific age such as 75 years old. This discussion will be postponed till January.
- Marty suggested we keep a sign in sheet for each meeting as proof of quorum and attendees. The list will be kept by the secretary in the minutes book.
- A motion was made to wave the membership requirement of 1 year per Article III, sect. 1 , paragraph b for election of secretary in 2015. Vote was unanimous.
- As the raffle had been discussed at the last meeting, Dave moved to discuss whether to continue the raffle.
- It is an important way to raise revenue
- Format was also discussed: 1-2 large items to be raffeled each year and possibly distributed at the Christmas party. The 50:50 format and club members wishing to raffle old planes, tools, etc. for a fixed fee and the remainder goes to the club were also considered.
- Dave spent some time discussing safety issues such as assuring the plane is stable before checking the motor indoors.
- John discussed the use of fiberglass "mat" to repair the fuselage of a plane. He says it is not hard to do, just time consuming.
- Len volunteered to make membership cards.
- New Member: Mike Macias was elected.